The aim of this policy is to provide you with information about the following:
- What information we collect from you and why
- How we use this information
- How you can access and manage your information.
This policy applies to anyone who uses the websites of, or who buys or uses any of the services provided byHighland Dreams Photography.
When we refer to “we” or “our” or “Highland Dreams Photography” we are referring to Highland Dreams Photography as the context requires.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of information when you place an order with Highland Dreams Photography and use any of our services. This includes:
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) placing an order with us.
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) using our services.
• Names (and in some cases ages and gender) of all participants of a photo shoot.
• Details and notes taken throughout a photo session or service provided to help us remember conversations during and details of your session.
If you complete any survey or enter any competitions we may ask for information about you, which we will make clear to you at the time and for the purpose we will be using this information.
If you E-Mail us or send us messages via social media, these messages are stored within our e-mail system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
HOW IS INFORMATION COLLECTED?
The majority of our data is collected directly from you. Whether you fill out a form for us online, or tell us face to face, via the telephone, via e-mail or message. In some cases, data may be given to us by a third party. This includes if somebody purchases a voucher for you - they will usually give us your name and details to allow us to process their order, and provide our service to you. Additionally under the GDPR regulations images may be considered personal data so any images from photoshoots we treat as personal data.
WHY IS INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Most of the data we collect is solely for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered, or had ordered for you. Some of the data we collect is to help provide you with a better customer service experience (such as how you take your tea!) We are required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with us, for example to comply with HMRC accounting regulations.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The information we collect helps us to better understand what you need from us and to improve the provision of our services to you. We use the information collected for example to:
- verify your identity when you use our services or contact us.
- process your enquiries and orders or applications.
- manage your accounts
- monitor, record, store and use any telephone, e-mail or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- where you have agreed, provide you with information about other Highland Dreams Photography services, offers or products which you may be interested in – see Marketing Preferences section below.
- tell you about changes to our websites, services or terms and conditions.
- carry out any marketing analysis, profiling or create statistical or testing information to help us personalise the services we offer you and to understand what our customers want.
- recover any monies you may owe to us for using our services.
We take your privacy very seriously. We do not sell your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow us to provide our services to you. These include:
• Delivery and Postage Service Providers to allow us to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
• Manufacturers (our printing labs) if we are sending an order directly to you from a lab. (information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number) The labs we use are Loxley Colour and Kaleidoscope Framing and normally the only data shared is images for printing which we anonymise
• Software, Payment and Process Providers. We use various software and third party providers for; Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Online Orders, Payment Processing and Workflow / Process management. When choosing these providers, we have made sure that your data will only be used for the stated purpose, and that they will not be carrying out further processing or sharing your data with third parties. The main providers we use are:-
Smugmug Inc - Provides our website hosting and also the means by which we make images from events available to purchase.
Lightblue Software - Our CRM system has an online link which allows us to keep databases synchronised across multiple devices and a backup of data. Lightblue Software do not share or process any of the data other than to allow synchronisation of our devices.
Animoto Inc - We use Animoto to create slideshows used in our viewing sessions. This is an online video processor and we upload your images which Animoto process into a video. Your images and videos are held on Animoto's servers. The data remains on their servers to allow us to replace slideshows should you lose them.
MyPhotoApp - We use MyPhotoApp to create mobile photo album apps that can be used on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. When creating an app your images are uploaded to MyPhotoApp's servers and processed to create your app. The data remains on their servers to allow your app to be installed on new devices.
Wetransfer - We use Wetransfer to provide digital images to some customers. The data is uploaded to Wetransfer's server and is available for download through a link for 7 days from upload.
Acuity Scheduling Inc - We use Acuity Scheduling Inc to provide our online booking service. As such we or you may add your name, telephone number and/or email address to their servers when booking an appointment. These are used solely for the purpose of booking an appointment and providing reminders or messages related to your appointment.
• Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements - we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if legally required to do so.
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is used for. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep information, we will keep your information for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was collected (and which you agreed to).
For example, when you contact us we may monitor and record your communications with us to use this information for training and quality purposes, and to meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
We will continue to hold information about you if you do not become our customer. We will only hold such information for such periods as is necessary for the purpose of dealing with enquiries, offering our products and services you may be interested in, complying with any legal obligation and for crime and fraud prevention and detection.
The law requires us to keep certain information about how you use our services for a period of 12 months. This information may be used by certain law enforcement agencies to prevent and detect crime and to protect national security. We will only disclose this information to them when we are legally required to.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 entitles you find out what information we hold about you. If you want to find out what information we hold you will need to submit a request in writing to The Data Controller, Highland Dreams Photography, 2 Bogton Place, Forres, IV36 1EP together with a cheque for £10 (to cover our costs of processing the information) made payable to Highland Dreams Photography.
We may ask you to provide us with proof of your identity to make sure we are giving your information to the right person.
Where you have agreed to us contacting you , we will contact you with details of products, services and special offers that we believe you may be interested in. If you change your mind and do not want to us to send you marketing messages you can do this in a number of ways: using unsubscribe in the footer of email messages; writing to us at the contact details set out in the Contact Us section below or calling our customer services on the phone number set out in the Contact Us section below. If you notify us in any of the above ways we will stop sending you the marketing messages that you don’t want.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take protecting your data seriously, and will do our utmost to employ appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect your against unauthorised disclosure or processing. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the security of transmitting information via the internet. We have tried to create a secure and reliable website for our users. However, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the internet.